Pages

Welcome to my world

During the holidays in July 2011 I decided to teach myself to crochet. Iwanted to keep a diary of my journey but I'm hopeless at writing so I thought I'd try blogging.
So why not join me on my journey, friends are always welcome and the kettles'always hot. So come on in pull up a chair and enjoy the ride.
Luv Sandra
"As for me and my house we will serve the Lord"

Saturday 22 October 2011

Holidays

Well we've been to Exmouth and have come back. It was different then we expected lots of driving and some very boring scenery but it was still great fun. I think the highlight of the holiday was snorkeling at Turquoise bay. It was a whole new world for us.


Turquoise Bay

The other place we loved was Warrdagga rock on Ninghan Station. we stayed here on our way home. It was so peaceful, but not quiet as the bird life was full on.


Part of Warrdagga Rock

Waterhole on the rock. This is where Maddy went for a swim


All good mountains/Rocks need a cairn
Apparently Wardagga Rock is the largest Monolith in Australia, even bigger then Ayres Rock though it doesn't stand out like Ayres Rock.
I also got my wish to see the wreath flower. David was wonderful in agreeing to make a detour to see this really cool flower/plant. It was the end of the season so they weren't at there best but still amazing.


Wreath Flower


Growing alongside the road
When you see these flowers in photo's you think they would be growing in a protected place but they actually grow where the ground has been disturbed so the road verge is were you often find them.


So did I do any crocheting? yes I did which is amazing seeing as i had one or two dogs on my lap most of the way, by the way they were very good travelers. I finished my granny square blanket. I started this early on as a project I could do while waiting for the boys. I had to finish at this size as I was running out of yarn.

Granny square blanket. The pink is cleaner than this but i took the photo at night so it looks a bit dirty


When I had finished I then started a mini igloo design blanket I got this pattern from crochet n' craft you can find the pattern here. I chose this pattern as it was really straight forward. I could do this and still talk to DJ and watch the scenery. I'm not sure what I think of it but I think it's growing on me




Mini Igloo Blanket
Well That's all for now.
Love
Sandra


No comments: