Pages

Welcome to my world

During the holidays in July 2011 I decided to teach myself to crochet. Iwanted to keep a diary of my journey but I'm hopeless at writing so I thought I'd try blogging.
So why not join me on my journey, friends are always welcome and the kettles'always hot. So come on in pull up a chair and enjoy the ride.
Luv Sandra
"As for me and my house we will serve the Lord"

Monday 31 October 2011

Overflowing mail box

I love it when i come to my driveway and I can see that the mailbox is full. It means that my latest order from The Book Depository has arrived. I love the Book Depository the kids books are soooooooo cheap and I even get some books for myself. I do prefer to go to the library for myself as I read a book once and that's it. The boys however can read a book 100's of times. Any way today I was really happy because MY book arrived



I have seen this book referred to on a number of blogs but particularly SIBOL and I just fell in love with the squares so I decided that I would treat myself.
Dale also thought the overflowing mailbox was great as 4 new Guardians of Ga'hoole books arrived for him.
I have been working on some projects. This project I started soon after making the uncool mittens. The pattern is the same just made up into a blanket. 

<><> <><> <><>
To finish of I first added a row of white. Because the edges were not straight I used a combination of SC HDC DC to fill it in and create a straight edge all around. I decided that this looked a Little boring so I started adding an extra border in the multi coloured yarn. Straight way it looks more finished and the edge I'm using is making it go wavy which is a nice effect.



While I was at the Stirling's I started making some tinny squares for a love heart blanket. I think that will be a while I'm waiting project :)

On another note, today I did the funniest thing. I was putting up a display in the library for remembrance day and I thought I was doing really well, I even took photos to send to a Library display blog that i follow. It wasn't till about #pm that I realised that I had made a BIG mistake



<><> <><> <><>
I think that's meant to be Remembrance Day :)
I put the words up without checking the spelling and that I had the correct letters. My spelling has never been my strong point but this was taking it to a whole new level. I laughed so much when I saw it. I made a few changes but will have to make a new M on Thursday, at the moment I'm using the extra E on it's side. Other than that I think the display looks great.
Well I had better go and cook dinner and tonight I hope to finish the baby blanket.
Bye
Sandra

No comments: