Pages

Welcome to my world

During the holidays in July 2011 I decided to teach myself to crochet. Iwanted to keep a diary of my journey but I'm hopeless at writing so I thought I'd try blogging.
So why not join me on my journey, friends are always welcome and the kettles'always hot. So come on in pull up a chair and enjoy the ride.
Luv Sandra
"As for me and my house we will serve the Lord"

Wednesday 2 November 2011

Seat top bean bag

Today I made a bean bag for Justin's rocker seat. I had to design and draft the pattern and then sew it together. It was even more tricky because the top of the seat isn't an even sided octagon but it had two different length sides. I took photo's as I went
Base
Normally I don't bother with marking the cutting line/seam allowance but I thought that maybe with this I should do it right
Making the pattern for the bag panels
Base with zip


Cutting the bag panels
Trying to pin on the top circle. The bag is hanging over the floor lamp.


Finally managed to work out a way to attach the top circle

Having fun, NOT, putting the elastic in.

The finished bag before it goes on the rocking seat.
Hopefully it fits on, it's really hard trying to make something like this without the item close at had. Justin has kept his seat at school to put in the Arts and craft display at school next week.
The plan is to try it one tomorrow. If I remember I will take a photo.
I don't mind sewing but I work much better from a pattern.
Comment of the day "It looks like you bought it" I felt really proud to receive a comment like that.
Back to crochet tomorrow, I'm planing to start my Lollo African Flower bear.
Sleep tight
P.S. Today I started a new blog 365 1/4 Blessings

No comments: