Pages

Welcome to my world

During the holidays in July 2011 I decided to teach myself to crochet. Iwanted to keep a diary of my journey but I'm hopeless at writing so I thought I'd try blogging.
So why not join me on my journey, friends are always welcome and the kettles'always hot. So come on in pull up a chair and enjoy the ride.
Luv Sandra
"As for me and my house we will serve the Lord"

Monday 2 January 2012

Shabby Chic

Here is one of the projects I did while lounging at the beach between Christmas and new year. I love the way it turned out and it was really easy. I found the pattern here.


I also bought myself a doll to model my clothes. It's rather funny this buy of dolls by me because as a young girl I never had a doll and always consoled myself that i could buy one for my daughter when i had one. Well I have 4 children and they are all boys so still no dolls but blowed if I was going to wait for grand-daughters so I bought one (actually 2) for myself under the guise of buying them for my crochet work (hee hee)
She's quiet a chubby little girl (she was wearing pink so it must be  a girl) so I HAD to buy another to model the little baby clothes.
Today i started working on a Bolero for my niece. My sister made her this gorgeous summer dress but couldn't find a nice light weight jacket/ cardigan to go with it.So we had a look through some patterns and found one we all liked. It is a pattern I found on Ravelry. I've had to work out the pattern to fit my crocheting and yarn size, Also the pattern is worked from a chart which is new for me


This is my progress so far. it's a bit hard to see the pattern as I took this tonight so the light isn't very good and I can't find my camera so I used one of the kids cheappes.
Well I must go to bed so good night, sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite, and if the do get your shoe and beat them till their black and blue :)
Love and Bear Hugs to all
Sandra

No comments: