Pages

Welcome to my world

During the holidays in July 2011 I decided to teach myself to crochet. Iwanted to keep a diary of my journey but I'm hopeless at writing so I thought I'd try blogging.
So why not join me on my journey, friends are always welcome and the kettles'always hot. So come on in pull up a chair and enjoy the ride.
Luv Sandra
"As for me and my house we will serve the Lord"

Sunday 5 August 2012

Edged fleece blanket

A while ago I picked up some fleece blankets at Textile Traders with the view to crocheting an edge on them for baby gifts. Here two that I have done, I did do another but I forgot to take photos and I just gave it away today.





To edge these blankets I have done a row of sc around the edge and the a fan of 5dc in same sc skip 2sc sc in next sc repeat around edge join with a ss.
Very easy and very therapeutic.
To get the spaces even for the sc I used a skip stitch blade to cut a row of holes around the edged. This is the coolest blade which makes edging blankets really easy.
(((((Hugs)))))
Sandra

1 comment:

Pam @Threading My Way said...

This is a GREAT idea!!! I really must learn to crochet...