Pages

Welcome to my world

During the holidays in July 2011 I decided to teach myself to crochet. Iwanted to keep a diary of my journey but I'm hopeless at writing so I thought I'd try blogging.
So why not join me on my journey, friends are always welcome and the kettles'always hot. So come on in pull up a chair and enjoy the ride.
Luv Sandra
"As for me and my house we will serve the Lord"

Friday 28 September 2012

Baby Blanket

Baby blanket Ta-Da

Material 8ply 100% Arcylic Marvel brand
Squares:
7 Round basic granny
2 rounds white
1 round light
1 round dark 1 round light
2 rounds white
The squares are joined with sc on the front
Border
First I made 3 round basic granny squares
1 round light
1 round dark
1 round light
I joined these to the blanket and each other using Lucy's join as you go method
Then I did 2 rounds granny clusters then Lucy's Granny blanket edge

When I joined the squares together I didn't want to have a very obvious pattern like I did with my granny square blanket So I came up with this design



As you can see there is a pattern but once the blanket is all together it looks like the blankets are randomly put together unless you are someone who sees patterns were ever they are.


I really loved working on this project. It is one of those easy relaxing do in front of the TV type projects. I really didn't want to give it away until I heard that my niece and her husband's baby had been born and then the parting wasn't hard at all. She phone yesterday to say thank you (I couldn't make it to the baptism so her mother-in-law took it up to her) which was really sweet, and she told me it gets used every night :)


I have another blanket in the making. This one is for me but it is on hold while I make some squares for a community prayer blanket for some very deserving ladies.
Till next time
(((((Hugs)))))
Sandra



No comments: